fredag 2 oktober 2009

Update on the Kilowatt amp project


The most important update is that I in the final moment decided to scrap the double triode project based on GI7B and go for a tetrode design instead. The main reason is that I felt that no one knows about the supply of GI7Bs in the future. It is no doubt a powerful and cheap triode. But at the same time, very few comercial builds use the tube. So I decided to go for the more common tetrode GU74B/4CX800 which is used in many comercial builds. I ordered one from Dr. Alex in Ukraine. The service was excellent and the price fair. The tube arrived only a week after order. Here it is:



The tube arrived in a sealed plastic bag with original documentation in Russian. The document was stamped 1986/01/16. In the same package I also bought a socket and a ceramic chimney:






Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar