måndag 14 december 2009

I've got some comments about the RF deck being empty so I thought I might upload some pictures of things that are going in there in the next couple of months. The main reason for the RF deck being empty is that I'm bent on having completed the PS 100% before starting with the fun parts. Back in the days when I built 813 amplifiers I always started withe the big tubes and capacitors and when it finally was time for the PS I was so eager to get it working that the PS ended up being a very hasty work. But I have learnt that a good PS is really one of the most important things both from a performance and a security stand point. Hence, I will not go into building the RF deck until the PS is fully operational. But, in the mean time, enjoy some pictures of the "big things":



Tank coil for 10-20 meters. I wound with 4,5 mm copper tubing



Very nice NOS ceramic band switch with silver plated contacts. I got from Ralf at QRO-shop in Germany. (http://www.qro-shop.com/)



Tune capacitor. 100o pF, 1,5 mm spacing. I bought it second hand from a amateur in Skåne.



Custom made Plate capacitor from Ham Center in Italy. 23-320 pF, 3 mm spacing.



Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar